This is the beginning of a 10-part video tutorial / walk through series on how to install the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g stack.
There are a couple points to make here before you begin:
- This is how I did it via discovery. There’s probably other ways, but this worked for me.
- Some of the more minor mistakes / corrections I made while recording these were left in on purpose so that if you run into something similar, you’d know how to troubleshoot it. So watch it through before copying exactly what I did.
- These are given “as-is” and offer no warranty what-so-ever! If you try to implement this exactly on a clients site and you get laughed out the door, sued, or your computer blows up, I hold no responsibility!
- Oracle has nothing to do with these. I made them myself, using freely distributed software and my own brain.
- All versions are of the 18.104.22.168 stack. DO NOT INTERMIX ANY 22.214.171.124 COMPONENTS! IT WON’T WORK!
That’s about it, so let’s get on with it!
- Installing Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 Update 3 on VMWare
- Installing and Configuring Oracle Database 11g Revision 2 (11gR2)
- Installing WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.3)
- Executing and Configuring the Repository Creation Utility 11g
- Installing, Patching, and Configuring Oracle Identity Management 11g
- Installing and Patching the SOA Suite 11g
- Installing Oracle Identity and Access Manager 11g
- Configuration of Oracle Identity Manager 11g
- WebLogic Server and Domain Start-up Options
- Starting Oracle Database and Directories
Part 1 – Installing Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 Update 3 on VMWare
This video tutorial will walk you though the installation procedure for Oracle’s Enterprise Linux (OEL) Version 5 Update 3. I will also setup the VM a little by installing VMWare tools on Linux. This can be downloaded via Oracle’s e-Delivery system.
The original source videos are available for download via Vimeo.com You’ll have to sign in to download them though. To get there, click on the “Vimeo” logo in the video.
If you have any questions, please post them below. I’m pretty tied up at the moment, but others will be able to help too!