Ok… after a ton of debating and drinking, I’ve finally come to a conclusion.
On what, you ask?
Well, over the past few weeks, I’ve been giving myself a crash-course on the new 11g stack for Oracle’s Identity Management Fusion Middleware. During this time, I finally figured out how to get everything installed (on Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 Update 3):
- Oracle Identity Manger 11g
- Oracle Access Manager 11g
- Oracle Adaptive Access Manager 11g
- Oracle Identity Federation 11g
- Oracle Internet Directory 11g
- Oracle Virtual Directory 11g
- Oracle HTTP Server
- Oracle Directory Integration Platform 11g
- Oracle WebLogic Server 11g
- Oracle Database 11gR2
- Oracle Identity Navigator 11g
- Oracle Authorization Policy Manager
- Oracle Platform Security Services
While doing this, I learned a lot…. srsly…
More importantly, I captured the whole process on video, and made video tutorials / guides on how to install and configure each product. Since it’s a video, you’ll also see a few mistakes that I made along the way, this way if the same happens in the future, the fixes are documented.
There are some documents out there, a few blogs with some high-level steps, and one guy I know is selling an eBook on the install process for about $100 (and it’s probably worth it!), so now my dilemma is two fold:
1. Should I make this information that’s worth more than gold available to others?
2. If so, how much should I charge?
Now back to the “I’ve made a decision” part:
1. Yes, I’m going to release these videos to the public.
2. I’m going to charge $1,000.
Hahahah… just kidding =)
I’ll be giving them away free, right here!
Once I get the write-up’s done, and the videos uploaded, I’ll starting posting the videos on my blog for everyone to use.
- Installing Oracle Enterprise Linux 5 Update 3 on VMWare
- Installing and Configuring Oracle Database 11g Revision 2 (11gR2)
- Installing WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.3)
- Executing and Configuring the Repository Creation Utility 11g
- Installing, Patching, and Configuring Oracle Identity Management 11g
- Installing and Patching the SOA Suite 11g
- Installing Oracle Identity and Access Manager 11g
- Configuration of Oracle Identity Manager 11g
- WebLogic Server and Domain Start-up Options
- Starting Oracle Database and Directories